After this lighthouse was destroyed in an 1873 hurricane, it was replaced by the Crooked River Lighthouse. The remains of the lighthouse have recently been located underwater.
This light is not operational
1839: 50-foot brick tower built by Winslow Lewis, badly damaged in 1842 storm; 1843: 40-foot wooden tower built by Winslow Lewis, destroyed in 1851 hurricane; 1851: 40-foot brick tower; 1872: lantern on roof of dwelling, destroyed in storm 9/18/1873.
Date Established: 1839
Date Deactivated: 1873
Optics: 1856: ? order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Jacob D. Meyers (1839-?), Charles Thomson (1866-?)