This lighthouse was built offshore on Old Gay Rock. It was destroyed after being discontinued in 1930.
Height of Focal Plane: 52
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white.
Description of Tower: Square wooden tower attached to keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1882
Date Deactivated: 1930
Optics: 1882: Fifth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: Originally bell.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Henry F. Sherman (1882-1885), Nathaniel Dodge (1885-1893), Edmund Andrews (1893-1931)