This tower was originally built as the Penn Range Rear Light and was relocated in 1906. The Delaware River & Bay Lighthouse Foundation signed a 30-year lease with the Coast Guard for this lighthouse in May 2004. However, in April of 2013, the government put the lighthouse up for auction and on May 20, 2013, it was sold for $22,003 to Bill Collins of Newbury Ohio.
Tower Height: 127
Height of Focal Plane: 176
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white.
Description of Tower: Black, iron hexagonal pyramidal skeletal tower with central cylinder.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1877
Date Automated: 1976
Optics: 1906: Second order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Located along the Delaware River near Route 2 in Fort Penn, about two miles east of U.S. Route 13.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Harry Spencer (1915-1927)