The 1903 lighthouse was damaged by waves until it was discontinued in 1909. Two years later the Lighthouse Board decided to establish a fog signal station about 440 yards from the former lighthouse site. A light on a skeletal tower was added at the previous lighthouse site in 1944. The station was disestablished and destaffed in March 1968.
Height of Focal Plane: 58
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white light.
Description of Tower: Square tower on roof of two story keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Deactivated: 1909
Optics: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
The site of the former light station is not accessible to the public.