Brown's Point Lighthouse Park
Contact Address Information:
5125 Tok-A-Lou Avenue
The Points Northeast Historical Society has converted the 1903 keeper's quarters at this light station into a guest house. Families who want to be short-term lighthouse keepers can rent the house for $100 per person per week plus a security deposit. For information on the Keeper's Cottage Program, call (253) 927-2536.
Description of Tower: Square, white concrete tower with no lantern.
This light is operational
1903 1.5 story wood keeper's house, oil house, garage, boathouse.
1887: Lantern on post; 1903: Wooden tower.
Date Established: 1887
Date Present Tower Built: 1933
Date Automated: 1963
Optics: Presently VRB-25 optic.
Fog Signal: Originally bell, now automated horn.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
The park and lighthouse are located at 201 Tok a Lou Avenue, several blocks off WA 509, in northeastern Tacoma.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Oscar V. Brown (1903-1939), Arthur "Shorty" Woods (1939-1944), Cyril "Cy" Beaulieu (1944-1956), William Covington (1956-1957), Harold Nelms (1957-1960), Robert Deason (1960-1963)
Nearby Lodging: Acoommodations are available at the lighthouse for people who want to serve as "keepers." For information on the Keeper's Cottage Program, see www.pointsnortheast.org/cottage.html or call (253) 927-2536.