Bureau des Phares et Balises
The original lighthouse here was destroyed during World War II in August 1944; the present tower is a replica of the first.
Tower Height: 44
Height of Focal Plane: 36
Characteristic and Range: Green light, occulting three times every 12 seconds (2+1 pattern); range 17 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White round tower with green vertical stripe; white lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1848
Date Present Tower Built: 1947
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!