Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society
Contact Address Information:
PO Box 2454
Save Huntington's Lighthouse, Inc., was formed in 1985 to save this lighthouse from destruction. The group is now called the Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society. Donations are needed to complete restoration of the lighthouse.
Tower Height: 42
Height of Focal Plane: 41
Description of Tower: Square concrete tower attached to keeper's dwelling.
This light is operational
Concrete one-story keeper's quarters, oil house.
1857: Wooden two-story dwelling with attached tower (on Lloyds Neck)
Date Established: 1857 (Lloyds Harbor)
Date Present Tower Built: 1912
Date Automated: 1949
Optics: 1912: Fifth order Fresnel lens, now 300 mm optic.
Fog Signal: Originally bell, now automated horn.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is accessible by boat only. It is now open for tours every other Saturday in season -- Tours leave from the Coneys Dock at Goldstar Battalion Beach (weather permitting). Call (631) 271-3535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Abiatha Johnson (1857-?); Robert McGlone (c. 1888 -c. 1912); Augusta "Gussie" Harrigan [Harrington ?] (?-1925), Arthur Bouder (1935-1938)