This lightship was built in 1949 for Trinity House in England. It served at the Kentish Knock station (1949-53), the Sunk station (1956-59), the Dudgeon station (1959-62), the Outer Gabbard station (1962-65), and the Tongue station (1965-75). It was sold into private ownership in 1991. Radio Waddenzee bought it in 2005. It is used by Radio Waddenzee and Radio Seagull, and also by the Maritime Academy and the Sea Cadets. For more information, see www.feuerschiffseite.de/SCHIFFE/ENGLAND/LV08/lv08gb.htm
Description of Tower: Red 137-foot steel-hulled lightship with one light tower.
This light is not operational
Current Use: Radio station.
Open To Public? Yes.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!