Anna-Lena and Gunno Quist/Swedish Maritime Administration
In 2003, the light station was sold to descendants of the first lighthouse keeper, Erik Johansson. Also in 2003, the lighthouse was restored and the original wood paneling was returned. The tower had been covered with concrete tiles for over 50 years.
Tower Height: 44
Height of Focal Plane: 49
Description of Tower: White hexagonal pyramidal tower with wood paneling.
This light is operational
Keeper's cottage, log house.
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1860
Date Automated: 1952
Optics: Fourth-order drum lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, overnight accommodations.
Open To Public? Yes (by arrangement only).
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: Erik Johansson (1860-1909), Johan Eriksson (son of Erik Johansson) (1909-193?), Harry Eriksson (son of Johan Eriksson) (193?-1952)
Nearby Lodging: Several rooms are available for overnight guests at this light station; see www.staviken.se for details.