This lightship was built in 1923 at the Bath Iron Works in Maine, in the U.S., and served as a relief vessel in the 6th district 1924-54. It was at the Savannah (GA) station 1954-64, and the New Orleans (LA) station 1965-66. It served at the Suriname Rivier station near Paramaribo until it was decommissioned in 1981. It is reportedly now an abandoned hulk, near its sister ship, the LV 106, on the Suriname River.
Description of Tower: 132-foot steel-hulled, two-masted lightship.
This light is not operational
Current Use: Abandoned.