This lightship was built at the Bath Iron Works in Maine, in the U.S., and served at the Nantucket Shoals station 1923-31 and 1934-36. It was a relief vessel in Massachusetts 1931-34, 1936-42, and 1946-67, and it served as an examination vessel at Woods Hole, MA, 1942-45. In 1968, it was sold to the nation of Suriname. It served at the Suriname Rivier station near Paramaribo until it was decommissioned in 1981. It is reportedly now an abandoned hulk on the Suriname River.
Description of Tower: 134-foot steel-hulled, two masted lightship.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1923
Date Deactivated: 1981
Current Use: Abandoned.