The original 1829 lighthouse in this location was destroyed by ice. A new lighthouse was built in 1835. It was destroyed shortly after being decommissioned in 1933.
Height of Focal Plane: 42
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 11 nautical miles (1890).
Description of Tower: Red, square tower on the corner of a red dwelling on a granite pier; black lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1829
Date Deactivated: 1933
Current Use: Destroyed.