Bureau des Phares et Balises
A light was installed on the pre-existing tower in the harbor in 1912. An unlit beacon known as Le Canoubier, very similar to the Sourdaras tower, stands a few hundred feet away. They are described as "cardinal west," indicating that the safest course is to the west of them.
Tower Height: 62
Height of Focal Plane: 43
Characteristic and Range: Nine white flashes every 15 seconds; range 8 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Yellow truncated conical stone tower with a black band.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1912
Date Present Tower Built: 1912
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible only by boat.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!