This light was operated until 1877, by which time the the south channel of the river had become impassable. In 1883, it was reactivated as the channel had again moved southward. The lighthouse was demolished around 1897 with the opening of the Manchester Ship Canal.
Description of Tower: Octagonal stone tower attached to a small dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1838
Date Deactivated: 1897
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!