Fox Island Lighthouse Association
In 1933 the skeletal tower was moved from Sapelo Island, Georgia to South Fox Island and was erected in 1934 to replace the 1868 brick tower also on South Fox Island. It was automated in 1958 and stayed in service with occasional maintenance visits and was discontinued in 1968.
Tower Height: 60
Description of Tower: Square, pyramidal steel skeletal tower with black lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1934
Date Present Tower Built: 1905
Date Deactivated: 1968
Current Use: Under restoration.
Open To Public? The grounds are open to the public in the summer months of July and August only
Accessible by boat only.