This privately owned lighthouse has fallen into disrepair since it was discontinued as an aid to navigation in 1928. The owner has begun restoring the property in recent years.
Description of Tower: Octagonal brick tower attached to keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Attached keeper's dwelling.
Date Established: 1892
Date Present Tower Built: 1892
Date Deactivated: 1928
Fog Signal: Originally steam whistle.
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse is privately owned and is not accessible to the public. It can be seen from tours offered by Mackinac Seaplane Tours -- see www.mackinacseaplanes.com or call 906-632-9746.
Keepers: William H.Shields (1892-1900); Owen McCauley (assistant, then keeper 1901-1928).