Point Clark Lighthouse National Historic Site
This lighthouse was one of six "Imperial Towers" built in the late 1850s on Lake Huron. It was acquired by Parks Canada in 1967. The Township of Huron-Kinloss has an agreement with Parks Canada to operate the lightkeeper’s house as a local museum. The light station is a National Historic Site.
Tower Height: 87
Height of Focal Plane: 93
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 10 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, conical limestone tower with red lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1859
Date Present Tower Built: 1859
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, museum.
Open To Public? Yes.
There is a museum in the keeper's dwelling, displaying local history and marine artifacts. The public can also climb the lighthouse tower. Open daily from mid-June to Labour Day 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
From Highway 21, take Huron Concession #2, follow to Huron Road and turn left, then right at Lighthouse Road.
Keepers: John Young (1859-?)