Bureau des Phares et Balises
This lighthouse replaced the Jetée Sud Light in 1906. It was destroyed in September 1944, then rebuilt in 1948.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 49
Characteristic and Range: Three quick green flashes every 2 seconds, visible for 11 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White cylindrical metal tower with white buttresses; green lantern; concrete structures nearby.
This light is operational
1906: Black trellis-work iron tower, focal plane height of 49 feet.
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1948
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.