Bureau des Phares et Balises
The original lighthouse here was built to replace the Cap Fagnet Light as a major beacon in the approaches to Le Havre. It was destroyed by German soldiers in August 1944.
Tower Height: 125
Height of Focal Plane: 420
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 20 seconds, visible for 29 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Octagonal concrete tower with a green lantern; long rectangular building attached.
This light is operational
1894: White conical tower, 85 feet tall; dwelling and other buildings adjacent.
Date Established: 1894
Date Present Tower Built: 1955
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!