Bureau des Phares et Balises
The present lantern was added to the lighthouse in 1831. Until 1820, an open fire was maintained on the tower.
Tower Height: 105
Height of Focal Plane: 279
Characteristic and Range: Two red flashes every 20 seconds.
Description of Tower: Two adjacent white round stone towers.
This light is operational
Two one-story keeper's houses and outbuildings.
Date Established: 1695
Date Present Tower Built: 1695
Date Automated: 1993
Optics: 1831: First order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!