Bureau des Phares et Balises
The initial light here, erected in 1887, consisted of a beacon on top of a gas tank. It was blown off in a storm a few months later and replaced by a more solid structure. The current lighthouse, built in 1968, was the first automated, remote-controlled light in France.
Tower Height: 72
Height of Focal Plane: 82
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 15 seconds, visible for 19 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White circular tower with a dark green lantern.
This light is operational
1888: Masonry tower, focal plane height of 46 feet. 1924: Masonry tower, focal plane height of 53 feet.
Date Established: 1887
Date Present Tower Built: 1968
Date Automated: 1968
Fog Signal: Three blasts every 60 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!