Save Our South Channel Lights
This was one of a pair of range lights built to help mariners pass between the St. Clair River and Lake St. Clair. It has fallen into severe disrepair; the nonprofit group Save Our South Channel Lights is working for its restoration. On November 15, 2004, the lighthouse was transferred to Save Our South Channel Lights under the National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act of 2000.
Tower Height: 40
Description of Tower: Conical brick tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1859
Date Present Tower Built: 1859
Date Deactivated: 1907
Optics: 1859: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Under restoration.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible by boat only.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places