The lighthouse was located at the upper end of the west pier of the U.S. Ship Canal, about 7,000 feet from the St. Clair Flats Canal Lower Light. The two lighthouses were burned down in 1934. A skeleton tower replaced the Upper Lighthouse.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 45
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red, visible for 13 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Octagonal tower rising from the corner of a dwelling, both of red brick.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1871
Date Deactivated: 1934
Current Use: Destroyed.