This lighthouse was located at the lower end of the west pier of the U.S. Ship Canal, about 7,000 feet from the St. Clair Flats Canal Upper Light. The two lighthouses were burned down in 1934.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 45
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red, visible for 13 miles.
Description of Tower: Octagonal tower rising from the corner of a dwelling, both of red brick.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1871
Date Deactivated: 1934
Current Use: Destroyed.