In late 2004, the Galway Civic Trust and the Heritage Office of the Galway City Council began work on the restoration of this lighthouse and keepers' cottages with the support of a grant from the Department of the Environment. Bill Scanlan, son of a keeper, has been assisting with the restoration work. The restoration is expected to be completed during 2005.
Description of Tower: White conical masonry tower with red gallery, attached to one-story dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1817
Date Present Tower Built: 1817
Date Deactivated: 1977
Date Automated: 1958
Current Use: Under restoration.
Keepers: Daniel Hawkins (c. 1860s), ? Scanlan (1943-1951)