Commissioners of Irish Lights
This was the first lighthouse in Ireland to converted to electricity (1934).
Tower Height: 53
Height of Focal Plane: 56
Characteristic and Range: White light, 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off, with red sector.
Description of Tower: White, conical limestone tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1836
Date Present Tower Built: 1836
Date Automated: 1934
Fog Signal: Horn with blast every 12 seconds, used only when ships are incoming.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.