Brazilian Navy/Diretoria de Hidrografia e Navigação
This light was deactivated for a time in 1931-32, but was reactivated in 1932 with a new lantern and lens. From 1938 to 1945, the light was displayed from the port captain's office; it was returned to the lighthouse in 1945.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 66
Characteristic and Range: Two flashes, one white and one red, every 12 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal castellated masonry tower on square concrete base; upper half white and lower half red.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1822
Date Present Tower Built: 1822
Date Deactivated: 1938-1945
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!