South Australian Maritime Museum
This tower originally served as the Port Adelaide Light (1869-1901). It was moved to South Neptune Island in 1901. It was replaced by a new brick lighthouse in 1985, and it was later reassembled at the South Australian Maritime Museum.
Tower Height: 69
Description of Tower: Red, hexagonal, pyramidal iron tower.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1869
Date Deactivated: 1985
Current Use: Museum exhibit.
Open To Public? Yes.
The lighthouse is at the end of Commercial Road in Port Adelaide, as an exhibit of the South Australian Maritime Museum. See the museum's website for the hours the tower is open.