The 1903 lighthouse here was replaced by a steel tower in 1952. A new steel skeleton tower was built in 1977. The light was automated in 1980.
Tower Height: 27
Height of Focal Plane: 63
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white; range 13 miles.
Description of Tower: White, square, pyramidal tower with a red stripe on the side facing the alignment; red, square wooden lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Deactivated: 1952
Current Use: Unknown.
The current front light is accessible through the Pointe-Noire Interpretation and Observation Centre: see www.pc.gc.ca/amnc-nmca/qc/saguenay/natcul/natcul1_e.asp
Keepers: Flavien Boulianne (1903-1904), Joseph Elzéar Boulianne (1904-1948), Louis Joseph Therrien (1948-1980)