This lighthouse was discontinued with changes in the shipping channel, and it was reportedly destroyed by fire in the 1930s. The former site is now on private property off the east side of State Highway 9 south of Port Penn. The Port Penn Range Rear Light was moved in 1906 and became the Liston Range Rear Light.
Height of Focal Plane: 42
Characteristic and Range: 1877: Fixed white. 1895: Two seconds white alternating with one second darkness.
Description of Tower: Square tower on two-story wood frame dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1877
Date Deactivated: 1904
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Henry C. Walter (1876-1885), George Washington Duncan (1885-1904)