Fort Point Museum
Contact Address Information:
PO Box 99
The present lighthouse in this location is a replica built in the late 1980s or early 1990s. The keeper's house built in the 1950s is used as a museum operated by volunteer members of the Lunenburg County Historical Society.
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal wooden tower with square red lantern and red trim.
This light is not operational
1876: 35-foot white, square wooden lighthouse with dwelling attached. c. 1950s: Skeleton tower and separate dwelling. c. 1970s: New skeleton tower, decommissioned in early 1980s.
Date Established: 1876
Date Present Tower Built: c. 1990
Date Deactivated: 1980s
Current Use: Attraction at park/museum.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The Fort Point Museum is open daily June-September. There is also a picnic area and a gift shop.
The park and lighthouse are 15 minutes from Bridgewater on the Lighthouse Route (Route 331), a half-mile from the LaHave Ferry.
Keepers: Mrs. Wilkie (c. 1959)