This lighthouse, built by Dumfries Town Council, was altered multiple times. It was inactive from 1867 to 1894, when it was raised to almost twice its original height and relighted. It is the second oldest lighthouse in Scotland. It is surrounded by water at high tide, but is open to the public at times for a nominal fee.
Tower Height: 30
Description of Tower: Square brick tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1748
Date Present Tower Built: 1812?
Date Deactivated: 1936
Current Use: Historic landmark.
Open To Public? Yes.