U.S. Coast Guard
The Brewerton Range is one of the final turns for vessels entering Baltimore Harbor. The light was originally mounted on the Leading Point lighthouse, about a mile from the front range light. In 1924, the light was moved to this lattice tower adjacent to the foundation of the old lighthouse.
Height of Focal Plane: 40
Characteristic and Range: Flashing green (24 hours)
Description of Tower: Pyramidal skeletal tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1924
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
The site is not open to the public, as the location is an extensive industrial area. But an excellent view can be obtained from an adjacent unpaved road near the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (Thanks to Jim Slechta.)