Sabin Point Light was built to mark a sharp turn in the main ship channel in the Providence River. In 1968 the structure was demolished in preparation for the widening and deepening of the channel.
Height of Focal Plane: 49
Description of Tower: Octagonal tower on roof of wooden keeper's house.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1872
Date Deactivated: 1968
Optics: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: Fog bell.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Joseph Bowes (1872-1875); John Weeden (1875-1911); ? Weeden (c. 1911-1916); Charles Whitford (1916-1943), Everett W. Quinn (c. mid-1940s), John F. Morris (Coast Guard, c. mid-1950s)