This lighthouse was demolished in 1956 because it had become unsafe.
Tower Height: 52
Height of Focal Plane: 52
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 12 miles.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal wooden tower with a red metal lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1866
Date Deactivated: 1956?
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John Pryner (1867-1897), Frank Connors (1894-1911), Sydney Carson, Charles Laird, Samuel Carson, Donley Watkins (ca.1930-1954)