The Spectacle Island Range Lights were the first of two pairs of range lights built on the island; the second were the Broad Sound Channel Range Lights in 1903.
Height of Focal Plane: 29
Description of Tower: White, octagonal wooden shingled tower with light visible through small window; in 1904 the towers were painted white on their lower thirds, red on their middle thirds, and white on their upper thirds.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1897
Date Deactivated: 1913
The Spectacle Island Range Lights no longer exist. The island can be viewed from many cruises in the Boston area.
Keepers: Winfield L. Creed (1897-1913?), Fred W. Tibbetts (assistant, 1898-?), Edwin Tarr (assistant, 1904-?)