Canadian Coast Guard
There were two lighthouses on Devil's Island. The West (or Southwest) Light was discontinued circa 1950, while the East (Southeast) Light has remained active.
Tower Height: 39
Height of Focal Plane: 52
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 10 seconds, visible for 13 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White octagonal tower with no lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1877
Date Present Tower Built: 1877
Date Automated: 1967
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: Edward Bowen (1852-?), Edward Horn (?), B. Fulker (1863-1886), W. G. Fulker (1886-1918), W. J. Faulkner (1918-1936), K. A. Faulkner (1936-1942), E. S. Faulkner (1942-1944), K. A. Faulkner (1944-1949), B. A. Henneberry (1949-1953), L. V. Henneberry (1953-1954), B. C. Messenger (1954), C. C. MacDonald (1954-1967)