After being damaged by Hurricane Juan in September 2003, this lighthouse was toppled by a storm in early December 2003.
Tower Height: 77
Height of Focal Plane: 99
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 10 seconds.
This light is not operational
1865: Tower on center of dwelling, with 12-sided lantern showing a red light. 1908: White, cylindrical concrete tower with six vertical exterior ribs; lantern was later removed.
Date Established: 1865
Date Deactivated: 2003
Date Automated: 1950
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: William Firth (1865-1872), Alexander McDonald (1872-1892), James Reuben Colp (c. 1912-1922), R. Burgess (c. 1920s?), Allen M. Langille (1928-1945), Ernie A. Langille (1945-1947), Frank T. Langille (1947-1950), O. C. Oickle (1947-1948)