South Bruny National Park
Tower Height: 62
Description of Tower: White conical tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1838
Date Present Tower Built: 1838
Date Deactivated: 1996
Current Use: Historic attraction.
Open To Public? Yes.
The nearby Bligh Museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in summer and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in winter.
The island is accessible by ferry from Kettering. For ferry information call (03) 6267 4494. Guided tours of the lighthouse are available; call (03) 6298 3114.
Keepers: Isaac Merrick (c. 1875), William Hawkins (1877-1914), A. Williams (assistant, c. 1898)