This lighthouse was replaced by an automatic beacon on the original foundation. The point got its name because Captain John Smith was stung by a stingray nearby. A replica of the lighthouse has been constructed at the Stingray Harbor Marina in Deltaville, VA, 1.6 miles west of the original site (see separate entry).
Description of Tower: Hexagonal screwpile lighthouse.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1858
Date Deactivated: 1965
Current Use: Destroyed.