This vessel was built in 1930. It served as the Fire Island, Diamond Shoal, Relief, Pollock Rip, and Portland Lightship. It was acquired by the City of New Bedford in 1975. After some years on the city's waterfront, in May 2006 the vessel developed a leak and rolled to its side. In June 2007 it was sold for scrap, after its historic artifacts had been removed.
Description of Tower: 133-foot long red steel-hulled vessel with two masts.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1930
Date Deactivated: 1971
Current Use: Destroyed.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places