Height of Focal Plane: 46
Characteristic and Range: Originally fixed white; range 15 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Gray granite tower on the SE angle of the dwelling.
This light is not operational
1849: 54-foot wooden tower. 1859: Square brick tower attached to keeper's house.
Date Established: 1849
Date Deactivated: 1949
Fog Signal: Bell, one stroke every 15 seconds (1945).
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: Peter Girth (1853-1862), John McDonald (1863-1873), Hannah McDonald (1873-1879), John McDonald (1879-1881), George V. Post (1881-1882), Alexander Ferriera (1882-1884), John J. Prentiss (1884-1888), Joseph Coons (1888-1889), Robert Ray (1902), Mrs. Francis Kelly (1902), August Kjelberg (1902), J. R. Carlsson (c. 1906), Hans Beuthe (1921-c. 1939)