Canadian Coast Guard
In 1928 the wife of the keeper of this lighthouse drowned when their dory overturned on the way to the lighthouse. The keeper's house was intentionally destroyed by fire in 1989.
Description of Tower: 1925 white tower was demolished in 2010 and replaced by modern aid to navigation.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1925
Date Deactivated: 1993
Date Automated: 1992
Current Use: Unknown.
The site is accessible by helicopter or hiking trail.
Keepers: William F. Sheppard (c. 1938), W. H. Sheppard (c. late 1950s), Albert S. Sheppard (assistant, c. late 1950s), Howard Sheppard (1963-1988)