Southwest Coast Development Association
The original Cape Anguille tower was one of nine known flying-buttress lighthouses designed by William P. Anderson, chief engineer and superintendent of lighthouses at the Canadian Department of Marine and Fisheries. It was demolished in the 1960s. As of spring 2004, there is still a resident keeper here. The station was transferred to the Southwest Coast Development Association in 2002, and the keeper's house is open as the Cape Anguille Lighthouse Inn.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 115
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 5 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal concrete tower with red lantern.
This light is operational
1908: White octagonal concrete tower with flying buttresses, 97 feet tall.
Date Established: 1908
Date Present Tower Built: 1960
Date Automated: 1992
Fog Signal: 1972: electronic fog horn.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: Alfred Patry (1908-1943), Laurier Patry (1943-1984), Henry Reid (1984-1991), Leonard Patry (1991-present)
Nearby Lodging: Overnight accommodations are available in the keeper's house. Call 877-254-6586 or email email@example.com for details.