This was the last privately-built lighthouse to be bought by Trinity House. It was modified in 1804 to accommodate an oil lamp; before that a coal fire was burned in an open grate on the tower.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 118
Characteristic and Range: 2 flashes every 10 seconds, visible for 22 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, conical tower with central red horizontal band.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1717
Date Present Tower Built: 1717
Date Automated: 1987
Fog Signal: Automated horn, 2 blasts every 20 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible by boat only.