On May 21, 1968, a radio-beacon tower went into commission at the Los Angeles Harbor Lighthouse. In 1932, another change was made when a green translucent cover was placed in the lantern so the light could be differentiated from the lights on shore. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2018
Los Angeles Harbor Lighthouse
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018