Right, the 4th order bivalve lens from Barbier, Benard, and Turenne of Paris, France was placed in operation on March 1, 1913. It was lighted by an oil-vapor lamp. This lens was removed from the tower in September of 1987. It is now on display at the Los Angeles Maritime Museum in Los Angeles, California. (Elinor DeWire collection, Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2018
Los Angeles Harbor Lighthouse
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018